Thursday, June 2, 2011

Al Mar SERE Combat Folder




  • Special Forces Logo (De Oppresso Liber) on bolster
  • 587 on the blade (opposite side)
  • Blade Length is about 4.5" and OAL = 10.125"
  • Scales are wood grain Micarta(?)
  • Condition:  Carried and lightly used (for a >20yr old knife)
  • Blade:  Tip appears to be intact, no major nick visible with naked eye.
  • Bolster: Light carry scratches, no nicks, or dents, or deep scratches visible with naked eye
  • Scales:  Light carry marks, no nicks, dents or deep scratches visible with naked eye
  • Blade lockup:  When in open position there is a bit of blade play (when you torque the blade back and forth.  Movement in minimal (I have no idea how to describe properly).  I did not detect this until I push on the blade tip back and forth.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice blade. I have the medium 3002a myself.
    I can't tell what is etched om the reverse side of the ricasso though.
    That's what determines the age the best way.

    ~SERE

    ReplyDelete